Friday, April 17, 2009

Six Months Old

My little boy is a big boy now.On Wednesday Cameron turned 6 months old. Yesterday he had his well check. It went good, he sure is growing fast.

Head is in the -50%
Weight- 17 lbs. 10 oz -50%
Height- 27.6 inches -90%

I was really surprised about his length, especially since I am so short. We sure have a growing boy. So Cameron is starting to eat food twice a day now. He really likes his food, not that you couldn't tell- he's such a big boy. So one concern is Cameron's noggin. He is rarely on his back but his flat head hasn't really improved. By 6th months they say that it should be significantly better. Well it's not. Also Cameron has a HUGE soft spot that is about 1 3/4 inches long and 1 inch wide. It really hasn't started closing at all. So we have an apointment to see a plastic surgeon in a little over a week. When I heard Plastic Surgeon it sounds scary, hopefully if anything he just needs a helmet to fix those things. Other than that a healthy strong boy.

So the last 6 months have gone by so fast and I can't believe how much my little guy has changed. I am so thankful to have him. Cameron is so sweet and calm. Cameron does not like getting swaddled until you do it and then he is happy and loves to cuddle. He has two favorite toys one is this little bear that our friends the Hillmans gave him, Cameron carries it in his mouth. The other is a music player that my mom gave him for Christmas. Cameron absolutely will not sit, he has no desire to bend his legs. He prefers to stand up (with support of course) or crawl around. He loves it when Brooklynn talks to him, it just makes him giggle so much. He has the biggest, cutest smile I have ever seen and he loves to show it off. Most people say Cameron looks like his daddy, Cameron is a mix of my nephews Tyler and Connor, but I do have a couple pictures that look similar to me. He is just a good mix of both families.

Lately Cameron is trying to copy us by blowing bubbles and doing the kissy face and it just is so cute. He tries so hard. Happy 6 months little guy!

4 comments:

Stac said...

He's so cute Dani! I can't believe that he's 6 months old. We really need to do a lunch so we can chat and catch up. Let me know what you're schedule is like and maybe we can meet at that Chick-fil-a in Jordan Landing or something.

Alisha said...

I think you sent me an email a week ago or so asking me about twin stuff for your cousin-- but I can't find them email. Can you resend it??

meg said...

Dani I love reading your blog! Your little family is so cute. I can't believe how old Cameron in getting. He still looks so little, How easy I forget I guess.

Jeff and Nanci said...

I can't believe how big Cameron is getting. He is 6 months already! Wow. I love his little jumping action he does when he is on his belly. He is so cute! Happy 6 months Birthday Cameron!