Friday, April 29, 2011

McKenna 6 months old

Photobucket
My little girl is 6 months old. I can't believe it. She is such a big (tiny) girl. She is just a joy. She is ALWAYS happy and smiling. She is starting to get to the "stranger danger" stage. If she doesn't really recognize someone or not sure where I am she gives the biggest bottom lip. It is just so cute. McKenna does not crawl at all and does not sit up by herself. If I put her on her tummy she throws her arms back like she is trying to fly and just cries. I still do tummy time, but she HATES it! She practices sitting up with a boppy behind her and she does pretty good, but she is just a bit floppy still. She prefers being held and getting LOTS of attention. (Spoiled much?)


McKenna still does not sleep through the night. I have tried EVERYTHING! Both Brooklynn and Cameron slept all night before 4 months old. One thing that the doctor thinks is because she pee's A LOT. Almost every day I have to change all her clothes and blankets, sheets etc. Sometimes even after she has been changed an hour earlier. They have run tests and checked for diabetes but everything looks normal. So that is good. He just thinks her production is a little more than normal. So in the night I usually have to change her since she is soaked. So I guess I will survive and not have a great sleeper this time around.

She loves to talk and make noise. I always know when she is ready to get up for the day, because instead of crying she is just chattering in her bed. She likes to make bubbles and lots of drool. She is getting teeth and not too grouchy about it yet. She loves to eat and does so good.


Photobucket

At her 6 month appointment she is doing so good. Except that she was scared of anyone who touched or looked at her wrong.

Weight- 12 lbs 10 oz. (5%)
The picture shows 12.12, but she was wiggling and they told me 12.10
Height- 26 inches long (50%)
Head- 3% She has a tiny little head.

I have a skinny tall girl. Just like her sister and daddy. I thought for sure she was 13 maybe even 14 pounds, but she hasn't quite hit 13 yet.

I can't believe my little girl is already 1/2 a year. Life goes by way too fast!

1 comment:

Greg and Heather said...

Adorable! Blake was 12 lbs at his 2 month appt! She's tiny!
Blake (and Nate was) the same way with the wet diapers. I now just buy Huggies night-time diapers and I don't have to change the sheets as much.