Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter

Photobucket I had to buy the girls matching dresses. Brooklynn has had the cutest dresses, but never blue. When I saw these outfits I couldn't resist. We love Cam's boat shoes and hat. DARLING!


Photobucket Brooklynn said we have to leave something for the Easter Bunny since we do for Santa. OKAY! She is so sweet and thoughtful.


Photobucket So I went in my prize box and found Brooklynn's Rapunzel and Flynn Rider dolls. The books I have had for over a year waiting for a good occasion. (They are poems by Jeff Foxworthy and so fun) And they each got a new movie.

Now the Toy Story toys were a must. Cam is OBSESSED with Toy Story and so we have slowly been collecting the figures. My mom gave us a bunch that she had doubles of. He loves them so much that he sleeps with them. I only let him take 3 to bed.

McKenna got some new toys and a cute outfit with leggings. It was a fun Easter the Easter Bunny was glad to get this stuff out of the box (FINALLY)

Ryan and I gave the kids a little Book of Mormon and the cute statue.


Photobucket

Brooklynn's was hidden in her doll house.

Photobucket

Cam's was hidden in the cupboard!


Photobucket
McKenna's was in her swing.

Photobucket

Ryan and I got a new shirt and dress and some candy, also some books I got two books I have been wanting The Help and Eat Love Pray (ha ha Ryan does read...right?) Yep, he doesn't read, BUT I got him books that he would like. He got the Lance Armstrong book It's Not About the Bike, but the Journey Back to Life and a personalized signed copy of Paul Cardall's book Before My Heart Stops.

Paul Cardall's wife works with my sister-in-law and then he was also a patient in the PICU. Ryan was never his nurse but they chatted and Paul even called Ryan one night and played the piano for him. Paul wrote Ryan "Ryan, I miss my days in the PICU. Crazy huh? Miracles happen. Paul Cardall."

It was a good Easter and it is so true, Miracles do happen and we have to remember why we celebrate Easter and how blessed we really are. We are so thankful for our Savior. I am always trying to remind the kids of why we are here and what really matters. I love that now Brooklynn understands more about why we celebrate Easter.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Your kids are so cute, I love their outfits! I can't believe how big they've gotten. I miss Bunco Bellas.

The Bliss Family said...

Our Easter bunny hides the baskets too! My kids love it. Your pictures look great and your kids are adorable!