Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My sweet kids... Please stop getting bigger.


Cameron always goes to bed at 7:30. I lay him in bed, he rolls over and I don't hear a peep out of him until 7am the next morning. Last night he kept crying and I was trying hard to just let him cry. BUT I am a sucker for a crying baby. I went in his room after almost 10 minutes. I picked him up and rocked him. He fell asleep within a minute. He just wanted his mommy's love. Even though my day is spent getting Cameron off the table and counters and putting back the safety things back in the plugs and getting him off the table again. Turning the tv back on for Brooklynn, since Cameron loves to turn it on and off. Then chasing him back and putting some random thing that he should have back away. And putting the chairs back and getting him off the counter again. I sure do love this kid. (And people wonder why our chairs are upside down underneath our table.)


Last night after Cameron went to sleep Brooklynn and I were reading a few verses in the Book of Mormon. We read the part about Lehi telling the people that if they don't repent Jerusalem would be destroyed. Brooklynn said "what is repent again?"
I told her that when we do something wrong we pray to Heavenly Father and tell him sorry and say that we won't do it again. Brooklynn said "OOOOOOHHHH! Like CTR. Choose the Right." I told her yes. If we choose the right than Heavenly Father is very happy and proud of us. I finished the scripture and she asked "what is destroyed?" I explained it is like if something gets ruined, so if they didn't repent then the place they lived wouldn't be a nice pretty place anymore. Brooklynn said "Ooohhhh!" (whenever she understands something she always does a big long OOOOHHHH!) She continued "So then it would be taken away from them." She is so funny and always interested in learning about the gospel. After reading 4 verses with her she was just looking at all the pictures in the Book and came across Christ on the Cross. I went to turn the page and Brooklynn said. "Mom, I am not scared of this picture anymore. Jesus is 'serected' and happy in Heaven with his family and friends." I am so proud of Brooklynn and her sweet spirit she brings to our home.

6 comments:

Heidi Hillman said...

I know exactly what you mean! I want my kiddos to stay this age forever.

Chelsey said...

it's weird how a few months ago we were the same, but our kids change so much in that short amount of time!
i'm ready for a new baby in the house because mine is gone!

Jenny said...

You have sweet kiddos. I know what you mean about the climbing thing...Ryan climbs everything and I have to put the chairs in the front room and block them off so he can't pull them back into the kitchen. Love my kiddos too though. They grow up way too fast!

Greg and Heather said...

so cute!

meg said...

Amazing how smart kids are---you just explain the big words to her and she just gets it, no doubts, no questions. That's a sweet story--you should send it in to The Friend!

Jeff and Nanci said...

This is so cute! That's great that she has learned and knows so much about the gospel. What a cute girl.