Saturday, March 14, 2009

2 years ago today...

I posted this last year and will probably post it every year. It is just very special to us. We were at Brooklynn's birth more than 3 years ago, it was so wonderful. Unfortunately the birthfather did not want to sign his rights away. It was a very long struggle, we knew Brooklynn was our little girl. You just always have it in the back of your mind what if she is taken from us. (It has happened) After 14 LONG months going back and forth with our social worker, judges and the papers kept coming back not signed. Finally we had a court date, if the birth father was a no show, he officially lost his rights. Wahoo! Of course he wasn't there. It was a great day. We had our family support and love. Sadly Ryan's mom couldn't be there, her sister had just passed away and she was in St. George preparing for the funeral. My little brother Jake and sister Terra were both on their missions. My older brother Josh and his wife Johana were in the hospital, and she was in labor. But we still had lots of family there with us. It was so emotional I almost couldn't talk. Except when the Judge asked both Ryan and I to talk about how we felt about Brooklynn, I couldn't say enough about my love for her. In the pictures we have Ryan's dad, my mom, Ryan's brother Eric, his wife Danielle, Ryan's sister Allyson, my aunt Teresa, cousin Rachel & my Grandma and Grandpa Budd. Also we got a picture with the wonderful Judge. and Lorna, she was our social worker that was there from the first process of getting approved to the final moment, her support was wonderful. What a great day to remember that Brooklynn was officially ours.


After the hearing we stopped in to see Josh and Johana, no baby yet. (the picture is bad, but that is the only picture of us with them at the hospital.) We couldn't be there for his birth though, we headed down south for the funeral. Soon after we came back and got to enjoy our little Caleb. He is very silly and his favorite thing is CARS! Not just any cars but the movie Cars. He loves Lightning McQueen. We Love you Caleb, Happy Birthday. We are so glad that you and Berkie share this special day.

2 comments:

grandmao said...

Oh how I wish I had been there instead of where I was! But I am so grateful I was able to be there the day she was born! What a special little angel she is! I love you Brooklynn and am so thankful you are a part of our family!

Liz said...

I had no idea, you'll have to tell me about it. She must be about Sarah's age, so we should get together. What a journey. I'm glad it turned out the right way. Congratulations! (two years later :-)