Thursday, April 17, 2008

Salt Lake Temple




On Tuesday we went to the temple to walk around with Brooklynn. We talked to her about how a year ago she was sealed to us. Brooklynn loves the temple, every time we pass a church she asks me "Is that the temple?" and I tell her "no, that is a church". Brooklynn says "I want the temple." We had a lot of fun walking around the temple grounds, it was windy though. (About 30 minutes after we got home it started snowing at our house, I was very glad it was nice weather when we were out.) After we walked and saw the temple, we went in the visitor center and the tabernacle. (Both Ryan and I hadn't been in the tabernacle for years.) Then we went over to the Lion House Pantry and ate lunch. It was very yummy. We have such a sweet spiritual girl and we are so blessed to have her in our lives. We had a great time and hope we can continue this tradition on with her.


8 comments:

Lacey said...

What a wonderful thing to do with her. I hope you can continue this with her. It sounds like she won't let you not take her. That is pretty funny! she is beautiful!
lace

Jamie said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment! I am adding you to my list. Hopefully we'll see more of you now that its getting warm!

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun and I can't believe it is still snowing there! I would die!

Jen said...

Love the pics! That is so cute that Brooklyn talks about the temple. I am always so amazed at how spiritual my kids are. It is a good example and reminder to me.

The Parks said...

Hey Kelli,
I am throwing Dave a BBQ for his graduation, which he doesn't know about, and I wanted to invite you and Ryan to come. Be sure to bring Brooklynn!

It's May 2nd (friday) at 6 pm. It's at a park down the street from my parent's house and I will get you the address if you can come, or I'll get it soon and send it out. My email is cpark1104@hotmail.com. Thanks!

The Parks said...

I am sorry Dani, I just wrote to Jer and Kelli, so I put in Kelli. Let me know!

Allyson said...

What a neat, special tradition.

Shannon said...

Cute cute family! And I also hear congratulations is in order. We are so happy and excited for you Dani!