Friday, February 5, 2010

Best Hubby Ever!

Photobucket
Ryan was able to work an extra shift last night, Brooklynn woke up about 2am coughing and we got to sleep about 5am. I was really tired this morning and acctually had no idea what the date was only that it was Friday. I noticed that Ryan was kind of late coming home and normally I call him to make sure he is ok. But I suddenly got a text saying that he was almost home. So I didn't call. Ryan came through the door with some beautiful flowers and a sweet card. I had no idea what he was giving them to me for. Except that Ryan doesn't like to give flowers for Valentines, Anniversary or Mother's Day. He feels that he would rather give them to me for no reason, rather than just because he is "suppose" to. (Except I love that every Mother's day he buys me flowers for the yard.) Anyways... I opened the card and started crying. Today is the 10 year anniversary of our first date.

Photobucket
Oh my gosh. Ryan is so sweet and I usually remember this and I can't believe I forgot. (Let's just blame the fact that I had surgery last week and really haven't left the house and so dates were all messed up. Plus I had a long night with Brooklynn) But I just wanted to say how I am so happy and thankful for the past 10 years I have spent with him. Although neither of us wanted to be on the blind date we were set up on last minute, but it turned out great. (It wasn't that we didn't want to go really, but Ryan didn't want to date a High School Girl and I had other plans that night.) I am sure glad we both went. Ryan is a great husband and wonderful father. And I love him more and more every day. Thanks Honey! I love you so much. Eternity is going to Rock with you!

8 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Ryan you SUCK!!! you need to give Mr. Hess some romance advice!

Tiffany Anderson said...

Congrats to you guys! 10 years....that's awesome. AND...you still like each other, that's even more awesome.

Jamie said...

Beautiful flowers!!!! What a sweetie :)
P.s. hope youre feeling better!

Chelsey said...

Getting flowers by surprise is one of my favorite things- maybe because it doesn't happen enough!

Meghann said...

I loved reading this post! What a thoughtful thing for him to do!

Bailey Gayle said...

OH SO CUTE.........................

meg said...

Awww, I love it!! That is so great!! What a great hubby. Once again you two are such a cute couple! Happy 10yr! BTW what did you have surgery for? I hope you are feeling better.

Jenny said...

Wow! That's very thoughtful! Good job Ryan! :) 10 years? Really? Time goes by fast! What did you have surgery for? I hope you are doing okay!