Friday, March 14, 2008

Unanswered Prayers




Well I have heard this song Unanswered Prayers before, I think Tim McGraw sings it. And I remember thinking that in a way it reminded me of mine and Ryan's relationship. We both were both dating different people and I was still a highschool girl. We had both recently gone through struggles. I had in a months time lost 4 people who I was close to in my life. Both of us met and were just what we needed. Now 8 years later I was driving home I heard the song and realized that this song means a lot more to me now than I even thought. Especially because today is the one year anniversary that Brooklynn became our "OFFICIAL" daughter in court. As Ryan and I struggled for many years with out a child, those "unanswered prayers" were because Brooklynn was waiting for us. Sometimes even though it is hard and we do not know why there are many blessings on the way. I am so thankful for my sweet little angel. Even though it was a great trial and after we had her, waiting for so long until she was officially ours. It was all worth the wait. Sometimes Unanswered Prayers are exactly what we need.

6 comments:

Marie Lefler said...

That is so awesome! I had no idea about you adopting Brooklynn. Congrats!

Miranda Whitney said...

That is a great song, don't you just love songs that you can relate to it's makes it that more special.

The Shumway Family said...

I am so happy for you! She is a cutie and so lucky to come a great home! Congrats!

Lacey said...

Dani- I ran across your blog in Jen's and was so excited to see it. I have one as well it is http://missmoo8.blogspot.com/
We really need to get together again. Your daughter is so big I can't believe. Congrats on getting sealed together that is GREAT.
Lacey

Kacy said...

Dani hey I ran across your blog off of Jens. We have one too. It is www.jasonandkacy.blogspot.com Check out the new cute pics of the kids. Also, How do you know Ethan Shumway? I went to school with him. What a small world. So how ar eyou though.

Hess Fam said...

Danno that madew me cry. I love you and I am so happy for you guys. Hope all is well!